Friday 17 April 2015

OUGD505- Statement of Intent

Problem I aim to resolve: Each year, more than 40 million animals are killed for their fur: mink, fox, bobcat, beavers, raccoon, lynx, chinchilla, coyote, fisher, marten, muskrat, opossum, otter, skunk, weasel -— the list goes on and on. Each piece of fur trim represents an animal who suffered and died; a full coat represents many animals.

Research so far: My research so far started with researching into WWF and their ad campaigns. While on the WWF website I read up about the ivory trade and found it quite interesting, I then moved on to researching into rhino poaching another interesting subject with shocking facts. Then after more researching into animal rights and how badly they get treated I came across distressing images of China's fur farms. 

Time scale: Final submission for this brief is on Friday 22nd May meaning I have 5 weeks from today to get this project completed.

Avenues for practical development: For the practical side of my research I am going to create a campaign against fur and fur within fashion as it is just wrong. Within the campaign I aim to design a variety of outcomes including posters and postcards. 

Plan of action: through my research into existing animal fur adverts I have noticed that the adverts are either quite flat and boring or taking to the complete extreme of making the consumer not want to look at the image. My plan is to use the fur texture within my campaign and use bold type with shocking statistics to get the consumer thinking. I think that I will photograph the final outcome in a studio. 

Week 1: Finalise any research and sketch out ideas for the campaign
Week 2: Find fur ready to photograph
Week 3: Experiment on how I can get the type on the fur
Week 4: Book a photography studio to photograph all development and the final outcome
Week 5: Book a print slot to get all campaign material printed ready for hand in


No comments:

Post a Comment