Sunday 24 November 2013

Study Task 3- Illustrator experiments Scale and Positon

Working within a square

Previously I had been trying to make one word stand out above the rest but here I have tried to make the whole sentence read in one without one word standing out too much and trying to keep them all equal. 





Here I have tried a few more experiments with type and different fonts to try and get 'the quick brown fox' to read clearest in each font. These I have looked at position, moving the words and see where they read easiest, as I have established that the biggest font usually has most impact on the reader. The block and the script cause the most problems when trying to make it read as one. Having the type set in a square makes it easier to do on illustrator as all the sides of a square is the same size, it makes positioning a lot easier. Out of the four experiments here I think the top one works best, as you just read it strait down, and I think the bottom one doesn't work as well because the block 'fox' stands out far too much and it reads 'fox quick the brown' instead of the 'quick brown fox'. I have learnt a lot form this simple exercise, that positioning and the scale of fonts can have a huge impact in the way that we read it, and it is not as easy as it looks. 



No comments:

Post a Comment