Monday 28 October 2013

Type Journal- Shops



Character- Simple/ Minimal
This is such simple type on the American Apparel logo, but I think it works well, it also reflects the clothes well as they are also very simple yet effective deigns. I like how they have took out all colour and just used the Helvetica font it is very basic but will never go out of fashion and wont need to change it/ rebrand. They use the font Helvetica throughout their store on carrier bags extra, and by using one simple font everyone can instantly recognise it as American Apparel that's why I love it.




Anatomy- Bold 
This type caught my eye as I walked past this coffee shop in town. I love the vintage style of it and how they've decided to put the type in white with a black background, it reminds me of a chalkboard. It works well how they've put three fonts together as well, they don't clash and work well together. Overall its bold but still subtle and clean. 








No comments:

Post a Comment