Wednesday 29 January 2014

Colour Theory Task




Here I have chosen a mini cheddar packet and placed it on the 5 different coloured paper of green, yellow, red, orange and blue, I have noticed a few contrasts between them. On the blue there is a complementary contrast as blue and orange are opposite the colour wheel and the two colours are battling for your attention. 


With the green apple juice carton it blended in well with the green carton, and there was high contrast when it was placed on the red paper.  


With the red stamps I feel it stands out more on the green as they are clashing colours, and there is a very warm temperature when it is placed on the orange paper.


I think the yellow Selfridges bag worked best on the blue as yellow is quite a bright happy colour blue seem to calm it down a bit. The yellow of the bag is very luminous and even when placed on the yellow paper it was brighter. When the yellow was placed on the red it seemed to be working well together, the red and the orange made the yellow seem warmer. 


Here are the papers that I placed the objects on, I have tried to pantone match them with solid uncoated swatches. Below I got the colour swatches up on photoshop to see the difference between screen and actual person. 


359 U was the best match 


101 U was the best match


1797 U was the best match


1385 U was the best match


2985 U was the best match


With the Selfridges bag I pantone matched it using the solid uncoated swatch. I matched it to the colour 108 U, above I have put the image of the bag and the colour that I have matched it with, on screen they don't seem to match as well as they did in person.  


I have done the same with the red from the stamp book, it is a very bold and bright red, I think that I have matched it pretty well, the swatch above is taken from a coated swatch. C=0 M=100 Y=100 K=10. 


There are many different tones on the apple juice carton, I tried to focus on one tone and chose this one, I think it matches the cartoon well even when on screen. I got this from the coated swatches, C=70 M=0 Y=80 K=10


Also this mini cheddar packet has many colour variations of colour, I went for a medium tone to colour match and I think it is a good match on screen. I used the coated swatches, C=0 M=60 Y=100 K=0 





No comments:

Post a Comment