Friday 11 April 2014

OUGD404- End of Module Self-Evaluation



1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
I have learnt a lot of new skills within this design principles module, including things like the anatomy of type, readability and legibility, type hierarchies and colour theory. I think I have gained good knowledge of design principles through completing the tasks and reading various books from the library. I have applied a lot of skills that I have learnt in this module to other modules on the course, it has been very useful. 


2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have developed my knowledge of the basic building blocks of graphic design, I have learnt a lot of things that I didn’t previously know, but I now understand are essential to graphic design. Tasks from this module have also strengthened my understanding in other modules. Learning about the anatomy of type and colour theory has been particularly enjoyable and useful. I have definitely developed sketching out things before doing them on a computer, I didn’t realise how much this develops your designs, it made me think more carefully about my design decisions.



3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
I think a strength I had was hand drawing letterforms, I enjoyed this process of seeing how bold bold can be and how far you can manipulate the letterforms. I think research was another strength using books rather than the internet helped a lot. I enjoyed doing my type journal and I feel that I have become more aware of type; I have started looking at more type design and why certain letterforms have been used.



4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?
Blogging all the problems I had rather than just the finished pieces was a weakness, in the future I will aim to blog as I am doing something, rather than doing something then blogging, this way if a problem occurs I can put it strait on the blog.



5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?
Blog on time- Keeping my blog up to date as I am doing the tasks, this will help as then I would blog more problems
Type Journal- I would try and do at least two each day consistently
More experiments- Experiment more with different letterforms and colour theory ect. Experimenting more will broader my understanding
Label everything- sometimes I forgot to label things on my blog, labelling as I blog will make things a lot easier.
Reflective- be more reflective with my work








No comments:

Post a Comment