Wednesday 23 April 2014

Speaking from Experience- Development





Here are the four page layouts I have designed to go in my calendar/organiser, these are the things that I think I would of found most useful having on my wall being a first year graphic design student, simple things like the anatomy of type and the seven colour contrasts. 




For the front cover these are the colours I am going to go for, I designed a pencil vector on illustrator and made it into a pattern.

This is my initial front cover design, the pencil patten on the back ground and the blue will be a printed banner with the words 'stay organised' on. I like it and how simple it is however I feel it could be improved. 



I tried playing around with the design, keeping with the blue and adding a central circle, I like this but I think it looks like its been done before.

I then tried incorporating all of the colours of the pencils into the banner, I think this works best. I will print the banner on a thicker card using A3 so it can wrap round the organiser. 




When I booked my printing session I asked what programme I needed to design stickers on ready for printing, I was told that I had to design them on illustrator and have a separate file for the vetors that I want cut out.  


I am going to print my stickers on A4 and then cut it in half to make A5, I will print the design on first and then cut them out. 


Here is the banner I designed on illustrator, this will bring it all together as I can put the organiser and the stickers in together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment