Tuesday 15 April 2014

Speaking from Experience- Design Decisions

Colour

 I want a bold colour scheme with come contrasting colours to make it something exciting to look at and something that people want to fill out.




This is the colour palette I am going for. I think this will suit both boys and girls and will look quite bold and fun.

Type

Here is some type that I looked into that I could possibly use.

DK Sleepy Time
I really like this font and the hand drawn element to it, however I think it might be too thin and hard to read.

Always in my Heart
Again I looked into this font as it has a hand drawn feel to it and will make the organizer feel more personal. I like this font however I think it could be too girly as I am trying to aim this at boys and girls.

Amatic SC
Another good typeface that I could use, I like how tall the letters are and that you can only use capitals, again though I feel it might be too thin and may not be legible enough for a wall.

Cooper Black
I think this is the font that I am going to go for for titles and headlines as it is bold but not boring.


Layout



Here I have started to layout my calendar on inDesign. The squares and circles on the side are space to stick stickers to record when you have blogged, type journal, birthdays and home. The use of stickers will make the calendar be more interactive and if kept up to date will be pretty successful and people wont fall behind. I think the circle format for the stickers will work better and it make the calendar look more decretive even if people done use them.



No comments:

Post a Comment