Thursday 27 February 2014

Communication is a Virus- Origami Instructions




To start off this project we took some origami books out from the library, these were so useful, looking at ways we can actually design the instructions for this brief, I think the easiest way of doing this is by drawing vector graphics.  


Here are just a few logo idea's I  have come up with for the name 'fold it' 
Other names I have come up with include folded, simple, blintz (a type of oragami fold), the origami project. 





I looked at existing origami logos for inspiration, I want the logo to be square and neat like origami itself also I would like it to be minimalistic.




Here are some very basic mock ups, I tried illustrating the vectors using illustrator, this went a lot better than I thought


Trying it out on a coloured stock, to see the impact it has. 


Here are the instructions I have designed, I found it tricky designing in such a small space, this is something I may have to consider however we also have to think about cost





I designed them using illustrator, with the pen and line tool, I think it has worked well, however when we design them fully I think they would look better on bigger paper sizes as everything would be less cramped. 














No comments:

Post a Comment