Thursday 4 December 2014

Visiting Professional the Print Project









Today we had a visiting professional in and he showed us some letter press. I really enjoyed the workshop, it was interesting to learn a new technique and this is defiantly something I will be doing again in the future. 

I decided to write 'hello is it me your looking for' (Lionel Richie) it was interesting to see how the type moves, letterpress is a really old technique hundreds of years old. I made something quite difficult to typeset because of the variety of the heights and widths of the letters, on the bed and would of took me hours to add in all the furniture keep it all in place so I cheated and used blue tac to hold it all in place. Even though this is a really old technique I still think it is relevant now, working with different block types and seeing how they all fit together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment