Tuesday 23 December 2014

Brief 4- Sign Writing Festival

where: Hyde Park, Leeds

when: 26th-28th June

why: for creatives to come and show off their sign painting and for people to appreciate sign writing more 

I have decided to advertise a sign writing festival as an extension to my website, I have chose to hold this event outdoors as larger pieces of sign writing on the side of verchiles ect would be on exhibit. I would also like to have some live artists painting so people can ask questions. There will also be a beer tent, live music and a small arts and craft tent. I would like to people to leave this event feeling inspired. I want the festival to be bright colourful and to represent sign painting well.  

Artists and signwriters to attend:

-Keith Harring
-Steve Powers
-Steve Evans
-Fred Fowle 
-Kate Moross
-Tyler Sprangler
-Sean Barton
-Gary Martin
-Ira Coyne
-Sean Starr
-Mike Meyer
-John Downer
-Jeff Canham
-Damon Styer
-Josh Luke

Keith Haring

Steve Powers

Kate Moross


Tyler Sprangler 

Sean Barton

Gary Martin

Ira Coyne

Sean Starr

Mike Meyer

John Downer

Jeff Canham

Damon Styer

Josh Luke

Now I have a better idea of what augmented and interactive design is I can start to think of things I can do that would be relevant to my campaign. 

Augmented ideas

Augment: to make larger; enlarge in size, number, strength, or extent;increase

-posters
-billboards
-side of bus
-bus shelter
-leaftlets
-newspaper/magazine advert
-mail/direct mail


Interactive ideas

-thaumatrope
-something to submit to the festival
-interactive poster
-QR codes
-pop up book
-scratch off design

No comments:

Post a Comment