Saturday 14 March 2015

Responsive Collaborative- Design


Practicing Moc Up's





Before I got the final design the one main concern that I did have was mocing up the final packets, this was one of my main jobs as part of the group and I didn't want to let them down with some bad moc ups so I practiced with a Thailand image and experimented in photoshop trying to get it on the packet. It worked alot better than I expected, to make it look more realistic and 3D I added in the Taylors label with the reflections and crinkles on. 

Design


Above is the main design from morning to night. The morning side includes trees sunrise, sunflowers, cockerel ect with bright orange morning colours. The daytime has more of a chill atmosphere with a hammock, palm tree, butterfly the design looks quite summery and happy. For the night the design includes deep blue textures, a detailed owl and half moon. I really like the design and I think it suits Taylors and the target audience. 



Here I was trying to pick out the best bits for each packet. 


The canvas size is 7x40cm this is perfect for the sicker however when mocked up the image needed to be made larger and when did the image became blurry. When mocked up no matter what i did the design was blurry, this was nothing to do with what I was doing but purely the size of the canvas that it was designed on. 


I messaged the girls I was working with and explained the situation, but I knew there was nothing that could be done than the create more textures ect. So I came up with a solution, I decided just to make the labels a lot clearer and have them in full focus making the artwork look a lot clearer. 


Above is the first attempt of mocking them up, I aligned the type to the left as this is where you could see the type best. 


After looking at more Taylors coffee packets and their design I realised that all their type is aligned to the right so I experimented further with the layout of type and design. 


Here are the final moc ups, I am happy with the way they have turned out even if they are slightly blurry at the end of the day we are just giving Taylors an idea of how the product would look with our artwork on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment