Friday 13 March 2015

YCN Interflora Grandparents Day- Chattering Teeth Development

The idea behind the chattering teeth icon is that grandparents are forever talking and telling stories, they are chatty, happy, loving and caring with a ‘been there done that’ attitude. The icon is also linked to elderly people having false teeth adding a humours tone to it. This icon will appeal to both male and female young people, it will also appeal to all nans and grandads.



Above is the primary source where I sketched the teeth from, it’s just a child's toy, I think the eyes give it a bit of character. I decided not to draw the feet as they were too difficult to draw and I want to keep the design as simple as possible. 



Here is the first scan and experiment with the chattering teeth on illustrator, this came out a lot better than expected. 





Eyes

One problem that I spent quite a while on with this design was the eyes and how I want them to look and where I want them to be looking, I think this is quite an important feature to the character. Originally the eyes had sort of a pac man split in them, I thought that looked a bit weird and I wanted the eyes to have more of a vector look to them. I used the elipse tool to get the eyes right, it took many attempts and I had to get various peoples opinions on them. 



Colour

I have gone for a colour palete that will suit all, men and women. The colours also go well with the colours in the brand guidelines that I will have to use somewhere in my design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment