Saturday 7 December 2013

Breif 1: Final Crit

For the final crit we layer our work down on the table and walk round and answered peoples questions that they have asked, the questions I asked and wanted to know about my work were:

  • Do you think it suits the target audience?
  • Do you think they are uni sex?
  • What would you change?
Here are some of the responses I was given:

1) yes, I definitely think it suits the urban outfitters younger (teens-late twenties) audience, they are pretty contemporary, I think the photographs work great! 
2) I think so, yes.
3) The photography is excellent, however I think the typography could be better, perhaps use hand rendered type.

1) Yes the style of design is fitting to urban outfitters
2) Yes, this is shown by the use of both male and female models
3) The colours don't reflect the store as well as the image does. Maybe look in sotre and choose colours.

1) definitely fits hipsters
2) yes
3) the way the size is placed on the frame

1) yes, i do, I love them!
2) Definitely! the images and colours work well for the male/ female audiences 
3) the positioning of the 'Urban Outfitters' and the 8x6 frame

1) teens/ young audiences definitely
2) yes, they appeal toe both girls and boys because of the edgy designs
3) 'inches' on the demotions 

1) yes I think it fits urban outfitters as it is a young geneneration shop
2) i would say so as there is boys and girls in the photography
3) maybe brighter type behind the black

1) yes, it is something I would expect to see in urban outfitters
2) yes, as you have uses well based colours 
3) I told change the number colours slightly so they would include black as they stand out bait too much

1) yes, I think it is effective for the type of people that shop in urban outfitters
2) yes, because of the mixture of colours and genders of the models doesn't pin it to one gender too much
3) I don't think that the type is that effective and I think that the position of the demotions of the frame doesn't work

1) very fitting for the target audience especially as you have used a typical member of your market as the model used in the designs, directly relatable
2) definitely uni sex as you have used both male and female models although the male/female ones on there own would still appeal to both genders
3) instead of using digital text you could actually cut the letters out of paper and scan them in or alternatively add a parchment texture on photoshop

1) yeah defiantly, typeface suits as well and are suitable for the frames
2) yeah especially because you've used a variety of colours
3) nothing they're boss

I have had a lot of positive feedback from this crit, and people seem to love my designs as they suit the target audience. One thing that kept coming up is the positioning of the numbers on each frame. Also a few people think hand rendered type and cutting type out of paper would of been a good idea, I think also, it was just the time factor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment