Tuesday 3 December 2013

Brief 1: Ideas After Crit


From the crit here are the three things I have decided to do:
  • use the crumpled up photography, in the style of Nigel Tomm
  • use hand drawn type
  • brand it for Urban Oufitters

From the crit it was strong that people liked the crumpled up photography and the hand drawn type, so I am going to try and incorporate them both in one design. Here are the three ideas I am thinking of following through for this brief, the first one being like a children's book. This was suggested from the crit, that i should take pictures of different people and put them together but they will all be different, I think this will be difficult to do and for it to work as one image as a set, however I love the idea. The second one is two photos teared and crumpled up, one of a girl and one of a boy, I would make this fun, and add hand drawn type where the rips are. The third idea being a film photo, or an image of some building screwed up, I think this will distort the landscape, I would rip the bottom off to add the hand drawn type. 


The hand drawn type was very popular in the crit feedback, so here I have looked at the Urban Outfitters logo, it changes alot! Every year they have a new one, above I have drawn a few out that I like, I will also but the demotions of the frame in the type I choose that fits the images best.  



No comments:

Post a Comment