Wednesday 4 December 2013

Brief 1: Type Experiments





Above I have begun to experiment with type and the one that they liked in the crit, I scanned it off the sheet and went over it with the pen tool in illustrator. To make life easier I also experimented with Helvetica and adding lines as this was alot quicker. I then added it to one of my images and decided against it as I felt it didn't have high enough impact. 


  
Urban Outfitters don't tend to use alot of colour in their logos, here are the two I have found where they have used colour, above is one of the most famous logos coloured in two shades of green and underneath that is the brand new logos for 2013.








Here are the fonts that I think will most fit Urban Outfitters, I was going to hand draw it all but as this is only a week long project I feel it will be rushed and I don't think the detail will be greatly appreciated as most of the image is photography. I want to go for a font that is illustrative yet bold and high impact. 




Here are a few more experiments I have tried, working with colour and layering the text, I have asked alot of peoples opinions and most people say they prefer the black on top of the blue as it is still high impact but it is subtle. 









No comments:

Post a Comment