Thursday 19 December 2013

Task 2- The Font Family Experiments

I am experimenting with the font American Typeface  and seeing how far I can take the manipulations within the font family. 


Above I have made the serifs blocks as originally they were quite wavy, I didn't like this. I think it works better as block, I have experimented with this with the light and italic font, the italic font is hardest to do. 



Here I tried to make the font more feminine and hand written, to do this i moved the serifs and made it thiner with some lines slightly thicker, I don't think this would work as a light font very well as it would be too light. 



Here I added a more cartoon look to the font by taking off the serifs and added shadows, this reminds me of helvetica. 



Here is a couple more manipulations I have tried, on the top one I was just experimenting with making certain areas bolder. The one below that I really like, I wanted to keep the letters just as decrotive but I didn't like the serifs so I added indents to the ends of the letters, this has worked alot better than I thought. 



Here is my favourite manipulation I have made, I have just kept it simple, I have gone round the letters without the serifs and took off the ends of the letters so they are just singular lines.  I think this works well as it looks quite decrotive, I think this is the typeface I would like to develop and digitalise, I just need to see how well it works though oblique and light. 



No comments:

Post a Comment