Thursday 8 January 2015

Brief 4- Final Signwriting zine






Here is my final zine, it has took quite a while to get right but I am happy with the way it has turned out. I printed the design out on A4 catridge paper for the extra thickness, I also like how its not a crisp white. It has printed out kind of grainy but I actully like this compared to high quality images. I prtinted the front cover out on tracing paper so it overlays the paint brush image that is also used on the front page of my website. I think it overlays well, I like how it makes the image less opaque but when you turn the page you get the full brightness of the image. Some of the pages I have printed the images out in balck and white and added them to a coloured paper to complement my website as some images change colour on my website with the interactivity. I have included quite a lot of my own primary images of sign writing to encourage people to submit their own work to the website. In the back of the zine I have added in a couple of QR codes, the top QR code would be a link to my website but as my website is currently not live it is a link to a vimeo video about sign writing. The bottom link its another link to a vimeo video, this would actually be in the zine. By adding the QR codes makes the zine more interactive as the user has to do something, it also represents the change between print and digital. Binding the zine was harder than I thought. At first I wanted to perfect bind it but then thought that if it was for comercial print and just a small zine it would cost alot more money to get each individual one perfect bound. I also liked the idea of stapling the zine as this would be a cheap and easy way to bind when printing commercially, when I tried to staple it unfortunately it didn't go through all of the pages, I asked Danny for some advise on what i should and he suggested that I used this metal clip that simply threads though the pages when hole punched. This has worked perfectly and im really happy with how neat it looks. Overall I am happy with the way my zine has turned out, the only thing I have an issue with is that sometimes the front cover because it is made out of tracing paper curls up at the front but other than that I am pleased with my design. 


No comments:

Post a Comment