Monday 12 January 2015

Responsive- Feathr Additional Research

I know I want to base my wallpaper on Thailand and more specifically the grand palace in Bangkok, but I want to look at some other designers wallpaper to get an idea of what makes a good wallpaper/ pattern.

Orla Kiely






Orla Kiely is an Irish fashion designer based in London. She began her career designing hats, and moved on to design work on handbags and a variety of other items including kitchenware and cars.

Orla Kiely has a very icon pattern design, simple flowers in very muted colours, they are busy but not over powering patterns. They are quite retro and are created with simple vector shapes. 



Laura Ashley



Above are two of Laura Ashleys iconic patterns, I like the colours used they are very girly and would suit a bedroom well.


Cath Kidston 





Cath Kidston does very iconic floral patterns that work well as wallpapers. They also have some wallpaper designs that tell a story like the two above the rodeo and the safari prints. 


Laurence Llewelyn Bowen




I like some of Laurence Llewelyn Bowen's wallpapers as they are quite oriental, I also like how detailed they are, I don't really like his used of colour that much however the wallpaper would suit a variety of different rooms. 



Amy Butler






Here are some of Amy Butlers designs, big, bright and bold floral designs. I love her use of colour, I want my wallpaper to include a lot of colour and be bold. 


No comments:

Post a Comment