Tuesday 13 January 2015

Responsive- Feathr Wallpaper Design

I have decided I want to make a wallpaper based on my experience in Thiland in the summer and more specifically the grand palace in Bangkok, Thailand. I really admire the details within the tiles so I am thinking of making a tiled oriental style wallpaper. 







Above are some close up details of the tiles of the palace



I added some images into Adobe kuler to get some colour paletes 





Looking at shapes from the images of the tiles I started to draw and design my own tile on illustrator


I linked up a test pattern to upload to see how it would look



I was accidentally working in CMYK and the colours changed when I uploaded so I changed to RGB



I liked this pattern however I felt as if it was too white


I went back to looking at my primary images of the palace


I decided to add more colour, I was going to put my design in a square so I change the colour of each tile


Above is the first final tile I made


I then changed the colour of the tiles so the wallpaper would make a pattern when on the wall 


To make the tiles look less flat I added a grainy texture 











Here is my final wallpaper uploaded onto feathr, I am happy with the final outcome, I think I have developed my drawing skills on illustrator a lot with this brief, I am much more confident using the pen tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment