Tuesday 19 May 2015

OUGD505- Fur- Development

Fur Experiments

My first idea and experiment I had on Photoshop was to turn the full bleed fur images into black and white and experiment with contrast and making some tones deeper. I think this has worked well as I’m not too keen on the colour of the original fur coat. I think the effect has worked well and almost looks as if the type has been stamped onto  the fur. If these were adverts I don’t think they would need any more explanation as the message is simple and clear enough already.


Fur coat experiments

An idea that I wanted to try physically turned out better than I thought. I realised before projecting the words that there was going to be a white box where the projection is but there was no way of getting rid of this. One thing that I didn’t like about these images was the shadow on them, I have tried various things on Photoshop to tone them down and get rid of them. I like this idea and experimented with tones on Photoshop, I think these photographs would work well in a fashion magazine as I think it portrays the message effectively. 


Colour Experiements

Here are some colour experiments I have had with the fur. I don’t like the original colour of the fur I think it looks quite bland and I wanted the type to pop out more so I experimented on Photoshop with hue and contrast and placing different colours over the top and experimenting with opacity. I think the red/ burgundy works well and would fit in well with my brand guidelines, however I do like the blue and brown tones in the other fur and the texture it portrays. I think the type stands out more and looks almost burnt.  









No comments:

Post a Comment