Monday 18 May 2015

OUGD505- Fur- Photoshoot







I had a lot hanging on this photoshoot to what my final designs are going to look like. I had quite a lot to photograph including:
• the fur coat with projected type
• close ups of the fur coat with projected type
• fur textures
• the inside sewn in label in the fur coat
• spot varnished fashion tags

Some area’s of the photoshoot went better than others. It took a while to get the fur coat hanging from the ceiling using fishing line and bulldog clips. The positioning of the fur coats back was important as I didn’t want many creases in it as type would be projected onto the back and it might make the type too difficult to read. When photographing the fur coat there was a massive shadow behind the coat that couldn’t be helped much as it was from the projector. I plan to play around with this shadow on Photoshop. The close ups of the type on the fur worked well as you could see the texture of the fur coming through the type. I took many photos of this experimenting with short snappy words. I was originally planning of having a fact on the back of the fur jacket, but the amount of type was too much and made it illegible. 
Other photo’s that needed to be produced was ones of the inside screen printed tag. For my poster idea I just wanted the tag to be nice and clear and the focus on the photo to be on the tag but also showing some fur of the coat.






No comments:

Post a Comment