Thursday 14 May 2015

OUGD505- Fur- Screen print

White on black



Screen printing took a lot longer than I was expecting after having various issues with my screen and coating. The first thing I screen printed for my Peta campaign was the inside of the clothing tags. I want the clothing tags to have a high end feel to them as most real fur coats are for high end fashion brands. As I wanted that high end look I decided I wanted to screen print the tags on black so they would fit with any high end fashion brand. I screen printed four different tags with different facts about fur. The type was quite small so the screen printing came out a lot better than I was expecting. 

Fabric screen printing




Fabric screen printing was something I have done for the first time. I used fabric binder and a red pigment mixed with some brown pigment to give it a darkened burgundy tone. These have been screen printed as they will be sewn inside of the fur coat ready to be photographed for a poster design. Screen printed onto fabric brought out a really nice effect and looked better than I expected, fabric screen printing is something I would like to explore more of in future briefs. 

Spot Varnishing



I decided to spot varnish for the tags as-well to give a high end look again. This is the first time I have ever spot varnished and I have learnt a lot. I have realised just how quickly the varnish dries on the screen and blocks up your screen, allowing you only to get a few prints out at a time before you have to re wash your screen and start again. Spot varnishing was very time consuming but I am happy with the results. I think it makes peta look more high end and is a universal design to go in any shop and on any piece of real fur clothing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment