Thursday 6 November 2014

Brief 3- Sign Writing- Gathering Content

Interviews

Steve Powers



I have found this interesting article on Steve Powers on design boom, I would like to include some bright colourful images of his work on my website.


Steve Evans


I will include the interview I did with a local sign writer form home, Steve Evans. We spoke a lot about how he got to where he is, what his favourite things are to sign writer and what are the ups and downs of the job. 

Articles

Fred Fowle

http://www.eyemagazine.com/feature/article/painted-thrills-and-spills


This is an article from eye magazine I found on the fairground famous Fred Fowle, I will include this on my website.


Videos

There are some really good videos about sign writing on Vimeo, I would like to include these videos/ links to the videos on my website as I think they are quite inspirational






This is a series of vintage videos that focuses on fairground art and outlines the steps to designing

Contacts 



Design Write

A company based in Leeds that do a variety of sign writing 

Steve Evans

A sign writer based in staffordshire


Scribe signs

33 Parkway Court, Seacroft, Leeds, LS14 6UT


Harper signs


From our purpose built offices and manufacturing facility we have the technology, skilled workforce and committed management teams required to provide our clients with a complete service from concept to installation.
Harvey Combe, Station Road, Killingworth,
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 6QQ





Scribe Traditional Signwriting

With over 10 years of experience in the art of traditional signwriting and decoration, Scribe Traditional Signwriting is run by Meg Gregory and provides individually designed and hand painted signwork for customers locally and throughout the UK. Established in 2010, the business is based in Wolverhampton. Signwriting Services include lettering and graphics for narrow boats, vintage vehicles, chalkboards, historic buildings and conservation areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment