Monday 10 November 2014

Study task 8- Web Style Guide

Task- produce a style guide that outlines the specific style characteristics of your website 

font families- header and body 
colours- rgb/ hex- background, foreground, palettes

button styles- Colour, image, default, hover, active 

logo and variations 

grids/ layouts/ variations/ sub pages 


Grid



This will be the grid that I use for my website, it is quite a simple grid but I think it will work well. The top will be the header, the white sides will be the boarder of the website where there will be no content. I have chosen this grid as a lot of the content will be articles and videos, I will have quite a bit of freedom with this grid. 



Heading 


I knew I wanted to use a bold font for my heading, I was originally going to use hand drawn type, however with so much sign writing/ hand drawn type on the website already I wanted it to be different and to stand out. It needs to be bold, I chose Helvetica as it is a sans serif font that is always clear. The heading will be the logo, in the end I chose to use Helvetica Neue Heavy as I felt it was the clearest and is used in quite a few existing logos. 


Body Copy

I have chosen to use Helvetica as the body copy as the logo/heading will be in Helvetica Neue Heavy and I would like to keep the website consistent. Helvetica is a well known sans serif font and web safe. 






I have decided to use a variety of colours on my website as the website is aimed at young creatives, I want to keep the website young, bold and colourful, with using a lot of colour aswell it means the website has a lot of variety. 


Logo




Above is the logo for the website, I have decided to keep it simple. Alot of traditional sign writing involves shadows to keep the artwork bold, I have incorpricated this into the logo. I have kept the initial logo black and white so it wont clash with anything else on the website. 






I decided to have a simple logo so it could maybe have some colour variation like sign writing it’s self. From the five colours that I have chosen for my website there are alot of colour combinations that I could work with. 




No comments:

Post a Comment