Sunday 2 November 2014

Responsive- Cheese Society First Event Poster- Eat and Greet

Our first event has been confirmed for the cheese society I now have to design the poster for it to go round college, post on social media sites and e-mailed around to everyone interested on becoming a member. Our first event is called 'eat and greet B.Y.O.C (bring your own cheese)' this first event will be held at fab cafe on the 10th November at 8pm. This poster is going to be important because it has to catch peoples eye to make them come to the event. 

Again I am going to be using hand drawn type for decorative purposes and maybe some illustration. The information I am going to choose some type for as it needs to be clear. 





I started drawing an experimenting on illustrater with some hand drawn type. 




I then started to think what sort of colours I should have for the poster, the previous leaflets and posters have been very colourful however now looking back at them I think I added too much colour and I think I should of stuck to a tighter colour palette. 






I started to use adobe kuler to help me with some colour decisions 



The poster was put on hold for a while as I decided to collaborate with Aidan off printed textiles as I felt that he could do a better job with drawing a mouse. 



above is the mouse he drew, he admitted he is better at drawing but he was trying to make it in the style of the type, he has a point, a really detailed drawing would look good but at the same time really clash with the type


I thought that the eyes were a bit scary so i edited the eyes and made the teeth smaller 





I started draw and add the type to illustraor 





I was unsure of how I wanted to type to be laid out out so I experimented by hand for a while


Once I scanned in my design and put them in on photoshop I then started to add colour, Hollie the head of the cheese society loves colour and wants lots of it within the design, I love using colour within my work but I want to choose the right colours that complement each other. 





By this stage I really was not happy with the design, there is too much going on and I am not happy with the way the type has turned out. I am working to a really tight deadline due to the delay on the mouse.


I was unhappy with the design so I got some feedback off some of my peers on graphics and they gave me some really useful feedback, some of he feedback they gave 

-too much going on
-dont like the mouse, too big 
-should make it type based 
-need centralising and re organising

I am happy with the feedback it gives me something to improve on and work with 



I decided to look at the organisation of the poster and put the information on the poster that is needed first and then add the type centrally. 


I started to design the type with the mouse smaller and trying to make the mouse as part of the design rather than just having it on the side. 



I scanned it in and experimented with it on illustrator and photoshop to see if it would work


I decided that the '&' sign needed to be coloured in to make it stand out


Once all scanned in I added it to photoshop and looked at colour swatches to go with the logo 


I decided to central to centralise the artwork to make it the main focus


I placed the design on to my template I made and it worked well in colour and looked a lot better than expected 


Here is the final design, Hollie was really happy with it, it will be featured around college and on the cheese society social networking sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment