Wednesday 12 November 2014

Responsive- Cushion Inspiration


I am going to enter the ohh deer competition to design a new cushion that could potentially become a sold item on their website. Above are the designs that have become the most viral in the past 24 hours, you can submit up to 4 designs and they recommend if you submit 4 designs that you show a range of ideas. The deadline is the 15th November. 
I want my cushions to be bright and colourful to brighten up any home, I need to keep my design quite contemporary to fit in with the brand. 


This is a photo I took of some watercolours running when I was doing a previous project, I am thinking about having some sort of texture on my cushion, however I need to keep my design illustrated as ohh deer is a quirky illustrated brand. 



These are a couple of cushions I brought in Thailand in the summer, I like them because of the bright colours and the heavy use of pattern, I like the use of flowers also.



From looking at the cushions I already own I think I would like to design something just as bright and patterned, I got some inspiration from a couple of plants in my room. I really like the contrasting pink and green on the leaves of the top plant, I like the cactus because of it's 3D shape. 




I found this book in the libary of paisley patterns, I really love the shapes and colours used and how they are not perfect. 






This is one of my friends books, again I love the use of colour and the texture of the patterns. 

No comments:

Post a Comment