Friday 14 November 2014

Responsive- Cushion initial ideas and experiements

Initial Sketches



Here are some of my initial ideas sketches of some random patterns 

Paint and Cling film experiments 

As I want to add texture and colour to my cushion designs I have decided to use paint and cling film to blend the colour and create texture 



With this technique I added paint to the paper, put the clingfilm on top blended the colours, lifted off the clingfilm and re printed, this created a lot of lines and textures







Scanning

I scanned in the paintings so I could add them to my designs, some of them have nice textures and work well as a pattern already.




This one above the texture looks like mountains


Blending of colours




The thick paint looks good once scanned in


Photoshop




I started to work to the required dimensions for the cushion of 5315px x 5315px


I thought that some of the paint would look good with some illustration added so I drew out and scanned in some basic leaves



Above I experimented with layering the paintings on top of each other and changing the opacity  



I drew out the patterns I wanted larger so they would be of a better quality 


Above I experimented with layering the paintings again





experimenting with different effects 








experimenting with opacity 




I now have enough designs to upload on to ohh deer. I have tried to make the cushions like a collection and use the colour paint pattern throughout. 

No comments:

Post a Comment