Monday 6 October 2014

Brief 1- Watercolour experiments

Following the crit I have had an idea of putting my design on a water colour paper, then just having my design printed over it in black. By just using black and type it will make it a lot easier to design yet I will still have colour in it. 




Here is some water colour patterns that I made and scanned in, Ive tried to make them messy and dis-orangised because thats sometimes how my design process works. 



Here is an experiment I did in black and white to see if I have got the layout right, again I have had a few problems with the placement of type that I need to fix again. 



I have got to this stage after a few more test prints I am happy with how it has turned out, there are still a couple more changes I need to make, but I am happy with how bright and colourful it looks. I have decided to go with the simple helvetica font in black to keep it clear and readable against he bright colours. The pattern is disorganised yet the design is functional describing my personal design process well. 

The reasons I chose water colours:
- I love using colour in my designs
- My design process is normally quite disorganised and messy
- I prefer being hands on with my designs
- I enjoy experimenting 



No comments:

Post a Comment