Friday 10 October 2014

Study Task 3- Logo Design: Establish the requirements of the brief


Through Research, Establish the requirements of your client/logo

Colour:

Through my research the colour I definitely want to use is yellow, I am going to use yellow as it is bright and eye-catching and represents refreshing lemons well. Yellow logos tend to represent clarity and warmth. To go with the yellow I am either going to use something quite complementing such as a light blue or a more neutral colour such as grey.

Typeface:

As I want to keep the logo quite fun I think I will be using a hand drawn typeface, I will draw out and experiment with type.

Reproducibility/ Adaptability:

The logo must be able to adapt well to all areas of the brand, It will need to look clear and be recognizable as it will be printed on the side of glasses, aprons, be use on posters and leaflets also.

Clients needs:

My client is young, as he has just left university wanting to set up a lemonade company to earn money in his spare time. He is from Chicago and it is made up of a lot of skyscrapers so I could experiment with using buildings/architecture in my design. He needs something fun, bright and happy.

Communication (audience/customer):


The logo design will need to appeal to a wide audience as anyone can buy lemonade on a beach.  The logo must be simple yet recognizable and look refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment