Wednesday 29 October 2014

Brief 3- After Crit

After todays crit I was left feeling a bit confused about my own idea, the crit has been really useful  defining my target audience and the purpose of the website. 

Originally I was going to make a website targeted purely at sign writers, but after the crit I have decided to aim it at young creatives as I don't want sign writing to go out of date. As shown in my research there isn't a good defined website for sign writing, so I would like to make this. I would like to make young creatives more aware of sign writing and its beauty, as it links very closely to hand drawn type. 

the main aim of this website: 

to keep sign writing alive

target audience:
young creatives

the website will include:
history
articles 
videos
interviews
contacts 

I would like to have a single page website with high quality images with a fixed header at the top. 


Above is a quick sketch of how the single page format would work with my website, I think I would have a fixed header at the top, with the title and main links, once you click on the main links the page then jumps down to the part of the page that is relevant. Having the header bar fixed makes each bit of the page easily accessible, however if I don't have a fixed header I think the page might flow better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment