Saturday 11 October 2014

Brief 2- Design Experiments and Final Logo


Here are the four designs of logos people said they liked in the crits, I have drew them out again and scanned them in and live traced them in illustrator. I have asked a few poeple of my course which they prefer and a lot have said the half lemon segment one saying 'beach time leomonade' I am going to try and develop this one further. 



I asked people in the crit what colours I should use for the logo, a few people said I shouldn't work with yellow as they felt it was too obvious, they suggested greys and blacks, I like this idea however I want to keep it playful. Above are some colour swatches I have been looking at on Adobe Kuler, I think they grey and yellow work really well together. 




I am finding it difficult to find a font that I like and that suits the logo, personally I really don't like it at the moment. 

I like this better however it's stating to look like your typical retro lemonade logo


I tried moving the type in different positions to see if that would have much of an impact 


Here I tried a much more minimal approach 





I was getting a bit sick of the segment idea and felt it didn't portray the beach very well, so I tried sketching out a previous idea in more detail and experimenting with it in illustrator. This idea is suppose to be a lemon with some waves coming in it to represent the beach, but I got some feedback and a couple of people said it doesn't look like that to them, it looks more like an octopus haha. I am going to go back to experimenting with the segment and add some of my own hand drawn type to see if that will make it look andy better. 

Here I have added some of my own hand rendered type from another idea I had previously, I think it works well I just think the type needs defining more. 


I am undecided what type to put with it, I am unsure whether to use one or two different types or all the same, I am going to keep experimenting with script and block types. 


I like this one it looks clean and readable


Hand rendered type takes a lot longer than I thought, I think I prefer having the 'beach time' in script and the 'lemonades' in more of a block font. 


From the crit I was suggested to try grey in my design, it has worked surprisingly well, the yellow above was a bit too dark and makes the deign look more like an orange, I need to go more citrus. 


I experimented with switching the layers ect on photoshop until I got the colour right. The last image above is my final logo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment