Sunday 26 October 2014

Brief 3- Web Research

At the moment I am very unsure of how I want my webpage to look so I have decided to do some further research into general websites I like and existing sign writers blogs and websites. 



a quick google search for sign writers websites and it generally comes up with pages with contacts 






This is a graphic design studio in LA called Ludlow and Kingsley, I really like the clean and simple web design the neutral colours make it easy on the eye. 


this is a website called the pattern library, it is a single page web design and a very simple yet effective design that suits the purpose, as you scroll the pattern changes you can stop at any pattern and download


names that change has a great colour scheme and grid layout to there website, as you hover over the images you get some information about the product 


once you click on an item it splits the screen in half, half image and half info with complementary colours, i am noticing that simple design often works and is more appealing. 




This is a project I found on Behance that I found particularly interesting, a web design for a new app called hand-written, the new app focus' on the fact it is better to receive a letter or to have anything hand written as it makes it feel more personal, it is for business's that don't have time to hand write letters but want to stand out from the crowd. I partically like the colour scheme they have chosen and how they have gone with a character robot to keep the design fun. 




Above is an example of a classic sign writers website, very basic, bad colours and some digital photos of their work. 






Here is another example, simple design, bad photos, type and lack of colour. I think there is a lot of room for improvement with sign writers websites as every one I have been on is the same dull website.



http://londonsignwriter.wordpress.com

This is an example of a sign writers blog that wants to keep sign writing in a younger generation, it is really badly designed and I think it would make a better website rather than a blog. 



Here is another bad example of a sign writers website, they all seem so dull and boring, I don't think they showcase how good sign writing is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment