Tuesday 7 October 2014

Brief 2- Kick-starter Potential projects

The first category I went to on Kick Starter was food, as I would love to rebrand a food company. I am going to try and choose a company that it not well established and just starting out.


I make delicious cupcakes and cupcake wedding cakes for those on a tight budget. Every event deserves to be special. After my husband proposed to me in December 2012, I went full swing into wedding preparations. We had a fairly small budget to work with, but I still wanted our big day to be special. What I had no idea on was how expensive it was to buy a wedding cake. It takes a lot of time, energy and money to make these cakes, so they should be expensive...unfortunately not everyone can afford something that makes their heart want to sing. I was in that category. I instead opted to make my own wedding cake, I was already quite well known at the offices of my friends who in the past would get me to make cupcakes for their office birthday parties so I felt confident this could be something I would be able to do. Success! I managed to create a budget friendly cupcake wedding cake that fitted my needs perfectly. I want to offer the same to other brides who just don't have the luxury of spending hundreds on their cakes. I charge only for ingredients and a small delivery cost at this stage. Straight away I had a few smaller orders, similar to what I did for my own wedding, but in December this year I have my first rather large order. I really need a new mix master, piping bag and some fondant tools to make this particular cake in all its glory for this bride.
I would love to make a cake logo for this lady, I think there is a lot of design possibilities for this project. 

Gourmet Japanese Burritos prepared fresh in minutes for the worker or family on the go. We are food enthusiast with a background in food. We have found various local building as well as chefs to start to create our famous sushi burrito and business. Everyone loves sushi, but imagine getting it all in minutes while you wait. Always with fresh products and ready to enjoy. We are looking to start this restaurant in a highly populated area where not only residents, but also every day workers can grab lunch in minutes and enjoy while on brake. An average burrito is about 3-4x as big as an average sushi roll and ranges from $7 up depending on what you want inside of it. The restaurant is Chipotle style, allowing the customer to choose, wrap or bowl, type of rice, and what fresh ingredients they would like, as well as sauce right on the spot. They wait while we hand make and wrap the product right in front of them in just minutes.
Burritos, sushi and healthy food are very fashionable I think this would be a good company to design for, I could get quite a bit of inspiration from existing sushi companies.  
Dear Nashville: I love you, you really are just about Perfect. But we need some better bagel options, and I have come up with a plan..
I have a dream.  I hope you don't mock me.   I am inspired by a recent NY Times story I read about Zingerman's deli (in Ann Arbor), and by all of the wonderful music, film, and technology projects that I've seen come together for so many friends just taking a chance in crowd funding    Remember, you aren't billed for your donation unless we hit our full goal, you just have to promise you will be on board if we actually get there.  
So let me share my story, and then let's talk shop:
Growing up in New York, there was no food i loved more than bagels. I loved their individuality ... plain, sesame, poppy, blueberry, everything, onion, garlic, salt, egg, etc.  And so many different favorite topping options..  tuna salad, veggie cream cheese, lox, strawberry butter, bacon egg & cheese, chicken salad, egg salad...  a unique delicious option for each day of the week, with a perfect and affordable large cup of coffee on the side.  So simple, so delicious.
I think this seems like a good project, a Dad of two that has recently moved from New York to Nahsville, he loves Nashville but just really misses New York bagels, so wants to set up his own bagel company is Nashville. There are places that I could look into such as Bagel Nash if I decide to go with the project. 


Fresh cold-pressed juice in SELF-SERVE taps! Plus, a full cafe to revitalize struggling downtown and re-knit fabric of our community.
Why should it exist?
  • MAKES JUICE CONVENIENT.  Fresh juice does a body good -- but finding some can be tricky:  juicing at home is a pain in the neck... and juice purchased at a store has been pasteurized and is dead.  Juice on Tap Cafe offers an easy way to make fresh juice a part of your daily life.  Our cold-pressed juice lasts 3 days fresh -- not the mere 15 minutes of standard juicers -- and can be frozen for up to 6 months.  We give you serious options of both flexibility and convenience.
  • SATISFIES A NEED FOR RESTAURANTS.  Downtown Mount Vernon doesn't have enough good lunch spots.  Business workers need more options.  We could also use more dinner spots around here.  By serving both lunch and dinner, Juice on Tap Cafe alleviates local culinary distress.
  • REVITALIZES DOWNTOWN.  Mount Vernon, WA is just about to complete a multimillion dollar river-front project meant to revitalize downtown.  However, business owners must still actually go in and set up shop in the empty storefronts in order to make revitalization happen.  Juice on Tap Cafe does that.  It arrives early and, from day one, offers quick-serve dining.  In time, in can expand to include a dining room seating 300 people.  At that point, it will be the major "hang out spot" everyone is waiting for.  They'll come for the great juice and food, for the free wi-fi, for business meetings in private rooms, and simply for a place to relax and chat with friends.  The cafe gives people a reason to come downtown.  It anchors downtown, revitalizing both the social life and the economic fabric of our community.  (Did we mention there's a giant formal ballroom on the top floor that's been locked up for 30 years?  Everyone is lobbying to get it operating again.  Just think what that would do!)
This project seems really fun and I think she has a very good idea for a business. I like how she focus' on organic juice, something fresh and healthy for the customers, if the business gets off to a good start then they could expand and use the cafe above to hold customers. The cafe won't just sell juice it will also sell sandwiches, hot and cold food. I think this is a great idea and would be fun to brand this. 



Lemonade, freshly squeezed daily and served icy cold on the beaches of Chicago. Sweet, Delicious, and Affordable on hot summer days!
Everyone loves great lemonade, especially when it is home made and freshly squeezed. When you are on the beaches of Chicago, the only place to get something cold to drink are the expensive beach front restaurants. I want to be on the move, up and down the beach with a cart full of ice cold lemonade. I am raising money in order to either build or purchase carts that are similar to the ice carts everyone sees. I either need to get battery powered refrigerated carts, or carts that hold dry ice in the bottom. These carts can be expensive and I am currently a college student paying his way through to graduation. I love lemonade, and I have perfected a recipe that many people enjoy. Help me, help those thirsty beach goers!
This is a guy from America in his third year at university looking to set up his own lemonade business. He has a very simple business plan, he doesn't seem to have any branding at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment