Wednesday 8 October 2014

Brief 2- Beach Time Lemonades

In the end it was a toss up between Beach time Lemonades and the Bagel Bar. I like them both as they are both American and both need re branding completely. I chose to go with Beach time lemonades as there is less designs around for lemonade and I think it will be more of a fun project. 



Before I start designing for this lemonade beach cart I feel I need to know a bit more about Chicago s a city. 

Chicago is the third most populous city in the United States, after New York City and Los Angeles. With 2.7 million residents, it is the most populous city in both the U.S. state of Illinois and the American Midwest. Its metropolitan area, sometimes called Chicagoland, is home to 9.5 million people and is the third-largest in the United States. Chicago is the seat of Cook County



Charcargo is also known as the 'windy city' 
Buildings that are famous in Chicago are Sears Tower and the Tohn Hancock building
Also famous for Chicago style hot dogs
Famous shopping street, Michigan Avenue, also called the Magnificent Mile.
Chicago is also famous for blues music 



Looking at images of the beach I have realised just how close it is to the sky scrapers, so maybe I can incorporate them into the lemonade design. 




I've done a quick google search for some Chicago inspired type and its some up with some really nice clean cut type, the top image looks like its out of a movie, and the bottom two have really good worn texture to them making it seem more urban. 

No comments:

Post a Comment